First NKN Annual Workshop "The e-Infrastructure of India"
" The NKN is a state-of-the-art Pan-India network. It will facilitate the development of India's information infrastructure, stimulate research, and create next generation applications and services. NKN is designed to provide high availability, Quality of Service, security and reliability "
ENCOURAGE, ENABLE, ENRICH AND EMPOWER THE USER COMMUNITY TO TEST
AND IMPLEMENT INNOVATIVE IDEAS WITHOUT ANY ACCESS CONSTRAINTS
- Establishing a high-speed backbone connectivity which will enable knowledge and information sharing
- Enabling collaborative research, development and Innovation
- Facilitating advanced distance education in specialized fields such as engineering, science, medicine etc.
- Facilitating an ultra high speed backbone for e-Governance
- Facilitating integration of different sectoral networks in the field of research, education, health, commerce and governance.
The backbone of the network starts from 2.5 Gbps and progressively moves onto 10 Gbps connectivity between 7 Supercore (fully meshed) locations pan India. The network is further spread out through 24 Core locations with multiple of 2.5/10 Gbps partially meshed connectivity with Supercore locations. The distribution layer connects entire country to the core of the network using multiple links at speeds of 2.5/10 Gbps. The end users are being connected upto a speed of 1 Gbps. The network architecture and governance structure allows users with options to connect to the distribution layer as well. NKN enables creation of Virtual Private Networks (VPN) as well for special interest groups. NKN provides international connectivity to its users for global collaborative research. Presently, NKN is connected to Trans Eurasia Information Network (TEIN3). Similar connectivity to GLORIAD network is in the pipeline.
For Best View Use Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox 4.0 + © by NKN 2012